Recent Downtime
March 30th, 2011
Posted in Techies |

This is a quick response regarding a recent site-wide issue. At 19.38, 29th March 2011, a security hole was exploited in some old TinyGrab 1.0 code, spreading to open sections of our API.

This was an isolated problem with the API only. Your grabs and personal information are stored elsewhere, and hence are completely safe. In the interest of future safety, please ensure that you are using the latest version of TinyGrab. (Currently 2.0.x.)

Thank you for being patient with us. The situation is resolved.

Lawrence Job
TinyGrab Senior Developer

This entry was posted on Wednesday, March 30th, 2011 at 11:23 am and is filed under Techies. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

14 Responses to “Recent Downtime”

1. Anonymous Says:
    March 30th, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Where do we find version 2.0.x, because the site is still naming 1.04 as the most recent?

2. apa-sf Says:
    March 30th, 2011 at 2:21 pm

I have just downloaded tinygrab installation for windows and its states version 1.0.2.7. After launch program is trying to download update (but is unable to do so) and windows is getting error message that this is not a win32 application.

3. apa-sf Says:
    March 30th, 2011 at 2:57 pm

P.S.
    And still unable to login to my account in tinygrab app.

4. Lawrence Job Says:
    March 30th, 2011 at 11:03 pm

5. Lawrence Job Says:
    March 30th, 2011 at 11:04 pm

6. Tony Says:
    March 30th, 2011 at 11:26 pm

So, 2.0 beta for Mac shows up as Version 1.0 (1) — it tries to auto update to 1.0.4 which is indeed based on 1.0 code (since it doesn’t work after I upgrade.. ) Where is the new 2.0 client for Mac, its certainly not on the beta site… The version I get there is from January.. (TG 2.0 Jan 14 2)

Also, I’m noticing now there is no option in the control panel to remove the ads / junk that is shown along with your screen shot… Whats the deal there? Adding ads to a product I bought years ago is not exactly good business..

7. Patrick Sullivan Jr. Says:
    March 31st, 2011 at 6:26 pm

MiniTinyGrab 2.0 has Preferences disabled. Presumably, the options to use long URLs and “Delete screenshot from desktop” would be under here. I know you guys are under the gun, but 2.0 is a pretty big step back as of 2:25p Eastern time on March 31. #justsaying

8. Chris Says:
    March 31st, 2011 at 6:50 pm

the mac version looks unfinished yet but it uploads my shoots and make the tiny one for me http://grab.by/9M3a i´m looking forward to the final release!

9. Mike Says:
    March 31st, 2011 at 7:00 pm

Where did FTP go!!!?? It just stopped working. I use my own ftp server and have come to rely on TinyGrab. I’m not sure I can get through the day without it… Help!

10. Mike Says:
    March 31st, 2011 at 7:10 pm

OK, no need to panic. Installed and reconfigured 2.0 and all is right in the world again… Tragedy diverted.

11. Alex Says:
    April 1st, 2011 at 5:46 pm

Allow me a question:
    How to turn off the “short url” with the new version ?
    I was using TinyGrab to create a fast screenshot and embed into a mail/messageboard/whatever. But this is no longer useable as far as i seen.

12. Casey Britt Says:
    April 1st, 2011 at 7:00 pm

When do you expect to have uploading to a personal server re-implemented?

13. Anonymous Says:
    April 1st, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Hopefully in a day or two.

14. Anonymous Says:
    April 1st, 2011 at 7:04 pm

We had 12 hours to get that app coded and out. Please bare with us.