TinyGrab has new owners, and is now stable!
July 27th, 2011
Posted in News |

As many of you noticed, the past few months have been very rocky for TinyGrab.  Starting with the first downtime in March, TinyGrab experienced a series of unfortunate events that made the application and the service embarrassingly unreliable.

Company 52 | Web and mobile application developersBut we are thrilled to announce that on July 8th, TinyGrab was acquired by development agency Company 52 and has begun a new chapter; one of stability and growth.  Since taking over 2 weeks ago, Company 52 has stabilized the service, solved nearly all of the outstanding problems that were making TinyGrab unusable, and dramatically improved customer support response time.

How does this affect TinyGrab users?  Only that TinyGrab is, and will continue to be, better than ever.  All previous purchases will be honored, current features will continue to be supported, and all previously working or incomplete / buggy features will be completed!  In addition, new feature enhancements are in the pipeline and will be coming soon.

Chris, Nick, and the TinyGrab founding team has done an outstanding job of creating the best and easiest screenshot sharing app + service.  They did such a good job that TinyGrab grew faster and bigger than they were prepared for, and they chose Company 52 from multiple offers as the best new owner to ensure TinyGrab’s long-term growth and stability.

Company 52 is a primarily US-based web and mobile application development agency.  Our small team of full-time designers and developers is geographically distributed, and has been developing very secure high-availability applications for the last 5 years.  We have already been handling all maintenance, programming, and customer support for TinyGrab since acquiring it 2 weeks ago.

As long-time users of TinyGrab, we felt the pain every other user experienced when TinyGrab became unstable.  Now that it’s stable again, we’re very excited about the new things that are in the works – including an updated iOS app with iPad support, a Windows Phone 7 app, and re-introducing premium subscription features and plans.  Oh, and there will always be a free version of TinyGrab!

If you became frustrated and gave up on TinyGrab over the last few months, we invite you to come try it out again.  We look forward to earning your trust again, and providing you great service!

Michael Poythress
CEO, Company 52

This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 27th, 2011 at 8:57 pm and is filed under News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

12 Responses to “TinyGrab has new owners, and is now stable!”

1. Ryan Goodwin Says:
    July 27th, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I agree that Chris & the team did a great job getting it this far, & I’m very excited by what direction you guys are going to take TinyGrab. I’m a long time user & seriously think TinyGrab is gonna get the attention it finally deserves! :D

2. Jim Gray Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 12:07 am

Really stoked that TG is fixed and we can move foreward!

3. Trainman1405 Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Hey Michael,

I’ve been having an issue with Tinygrab on Windows Vista for a few months now. I posted it on the help forums area when the problem arose, but after waiting and waiting and waiting, still no answer. I made a video explaining the bug:

Feel free to email me with the email I used to submit this comment.

Thanks!
    Devin

4. Arik Jones Says:
    July 28th, 2011 at 11:26 pm

How do I sign up for the pro version?

5. Adam B Says:
    July 29th, 2011 at 1:45 am

Looking forward to TinyGrab working again on MacOS. Looking forward to auto paste of the tiny url into the clip-board and direct hosting of images using the tiny url when pasted!

(Currently the Mac Client seems to the same v2.04 from May 6th @ 4:11)

6. Mark P Says:
    August 3rd, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Website is painfully slow. over 20sec to load just 5 screenshots.
    Changing list views takes forever too.
    Viewing individual screen shot does not display title or description
    Taking screen on Mac doesn’t bring title/desc form to the front so have to go find it

Speed of the website, though, makes your service unusable.
    Sorry :(
    Seems there are still a lot of improvements to make.

7. Sam Caplat Says:
    August 7th, 2011 at 11:16 pm

You decided to produce an app for Windows Phone 7 before Android? Can’t type, laughing too hard.

8. Disappointed_user Says:
    August 22nd, 2011 at 11:38 pm

I’m sorry to say that the new owners don’t seem to have helped much. Ever since 2.0 was released, the service has been hit or miss. Currently, its not functioning at all for me on any machine, though it had been before. I’ve been a happy customer of this company, but at this point, I think I’m going to have to move on to something that actually works when I use it.

9. sean biganski Says:
    September 7th, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Hi, is there any news on the development front. I have tried a couple other grabbers and dont like them as much as tinygrab however i am still getting crashes running OS X Lion. Thanks

10. Chad Johnson Says:
    October 4th, 2011 at 4:33 pm

Now stable? No. It was stable before version 2.0.4. Version 2.0.4 (Mac) is unstable. Every time I take a screenshot, TinyGrab crashes immediately after upload.

This company is not getting my money until this issue is fixed.

11. Clark Wallace Says:
    November 6th, 2011 at 10:02 am

It’s now November and as far as I’m aware no drastic changes have been made to the app, what the hell guys?

12. archer Says:
    December 4th, 2011 at 12:54 am

here it is december, and i too fail to see what has been fixed.
    i used to love tiny grab. worked flawlessly. then after a mac update it stopped working altogether and i was told i would need to go to 10.6 to get it working again. well, i finally did that and am so disappointed to find that tg runs now, but is a serous mess.

- i can’t configure hotkeys.
    - the hotkey combo for initiating a grab on mac does nothing.
    - when i take a screenshot, even though i have it set to auto upload, a little popup appears requiring me to click save.
    - i am constantly having to re-login on the desktop app.
    - when accessing the uploaded screenshot i find that i have to re-login on the webpage to see my account.
    - tg website loads incredibly slowly and is a hassle to navigate.

so is tg being maintained? are y’all serious about it? really sad to see something that was once so good become so unreliable.